The hype is getting very real for Relic’s next game. Today’s Dawn of War III new trailer brings the Space Marines, Orks, and Eldar together in a story trailer that mixes cinematics with in-game footage. Setting the stage for the narrative, SEGA and Relic put it best when they translated it into Ork leader Gorgutz’s own speech:
“It’s a race to the pointy stikk and you know what that means, don’t ya? It’s WAAAAGH!”
Truly, finer words have never been spoken. But in case that didn’t give enough of it away for you… The trailer shows faction leaders Gabriel Angelos, Farseer Macha, and Gorgutz at odds with friend and foe alike, as the mysterious Spear of Khaine draws them further into deadly conflict. Meanwhile, Lord Kyre of the Eldar rises to prominence within the struggle for galactic dominance.
In short, in the universe of unending War, things are about to get hairier than normal. There are three vignettes highlighting the three factions as well – Space Marines (link), the Eldar (link), or the Orks (link). Be sure to hit up each of them on the Tube of You, if Wars and Hammers are up your alley.
It’s been a long time coming, but Dawn of War III is slated finally for a 2017 release. Here’s what we know so far:
- Three Factions – Space Marines (Blood Ravens), Eldar, Orks
- Larger-scale walker units – Imperial Knights for the Space Marines, Wraithknights for the Eldar, and Gorkanauts for the Orks.
- Farseer Macha returns to lead the Eldar (she was in the first game too)
- Gabriel Angelos Leads the Blood Ravens
- Warlord Gorgutz leads the Orks
- There will be a lot of blood
- There will be a lot of Orks
- It’s going to be sweet.