Abandon Ship is a single-player PC game where you can take on quests and deal with random events in a diverse generated world. Engage with other ships in combat, employ your best tactics in order to out-smart the enemy. Marvel at an art style reminiscent of of classic Naval Oil Paintings.
Developed by Fireblade Software Abandon Ship has the following features:
- Tactical and Savage Combat. Each battle is hard-fought, always on the edge of defeat. Your only chance of overcoming the odds is to employ every advantage you can and utilise all the tools at your disposal.
- Ship Destruction is not the End. Life in the world of Abandon Ship can be brutal. Death is permanent. But the game doesn’t end if your vessel is destroyed. You are the Captain, and as long as the Captain is alive, there is always hope. By escaping to a Lifeboat, or even being stranded, alone in the water, there is still a chance to survive and fight your way back to the top.
- Explore a procedurally generated world from Tropics to Arctics. Engage in quests or deal with incidental events on your journey to save the world from a Doomsday Cult.
- A Personal Adventure. Customise and upgrade your Captain, Ship and Crew. Build yourself to be worthy of any foe, whether that be human or otherwise. But be prepared to make moment-to-moment life-or-death decisions for you and your crew.
- Take on adventures in a world that reacts to your actions. Quests may drastically change the environment. Make decisions that create friends or enemies that may later come back to help or hinder you.
Abandon Ship is very tactical, forcing you to juggle between your crew’s placement on the ship, weapon fire and ship maintenance. Game play includes upgrading vessels to match your own style and whether environments that add to many factors you need to consider to survive. At each port you visit you will hopefully also find your loyal crew that each come with their own bonuses which you will also need to consider. Be wary, each choice matters.
Available on Steam for Early Access on February 21st for $19.99/£14.99 with a 15% discount at launch.