Yesterday, Jonathan Dumont, Creative Director of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, has taken to Reddit to answer the fans’ questions and share some details about the upcoming game.
- The upcoming novel dedicated to the game features Kassandra as the canon protagonist. Despite that, in the game only you decide your path, there are no right or wrong choices.
- The game features 7 types of Biomes and many subregions will give a different vibe and feel
- The team visited Greece to see the country first-hand, understand the topography and get a feel for the culture, studied up on archaeological research and read ancient and contemporary authors of the classical period.
We also hired on a historical specialist of Ancient Greece, Stephanie-Anne Ruatta, who has been instrumental in helping us recreate Ancient Greece and who we run our decisions past to make sure they are as historically accurate as possible.
- Odyssey’s world is bigger than Origins‘ but a big part of it is the sea
- Ships and naval have an important place in the game, but they’re less of a core element compared to the Black Flag
- The game features a dynamic weather system to fit a dynamic world. Sailing can prove to be challenging in a storm
- There will be many different opportunities for romancing characters throughout your journey, which you can opt out of at any time. Romancing plays just as much of a part in the choices during your odyssey as other decisions.
- The writing for the game is done by Melissa MacCoubrey and Jonathan Dumont
- You can pet and tame different animals (but only one at a time).
You can find the full AMA following the link above.