Graffiti Games and Guin Entertainment have announced that Adventures of Chris is coming to Nintendo Switch in Summer 2020. The game will also be released on PC via Steam this summer.
The game puts players in the tights of a budding super-hero named Chris and is “set in the greatest year ever, 1995”. Chris has been kidnapped and turned into a balloon. Luckily, he manages to float past his enemies and sets off on an adventure to save the world from the forces of villainy. “Driven by determination, superpowers such as fireballs, and most importantly, cookies, Chris is on a mission to save children from around the world and make it home in time for dessert”. All of this is set in a world inspired by the best of 90s-era cartoons and is said to be packed with humor and “invigorating” combat.
Major Features Include:
- Uncover a sinister story in a quirky, cartoon-like universe.
- Explore 9 locations around the world in any order you please, plus the Kingdom of Lost Balloons and more!
- Build Chris from a weak kid into the ultimate underdog hero by upgrading him with unique special moves and abilities that you can customize to your style.
- Learn (or purchase) increasingly powerful spells and techniques.
- Battle bizarre villains across the globe, including samurai cats, cyborg penguins and whiny vampires.
- Float or fall through unique platforming challenges.
- Two additional full game modes, including bonus content – a more difficult and humorous Mean Mode, and Developer Commentary.
- A variety of unlockable content and secrets to discover, including an in-depth backstory.
- Numerous difficulty settings, including “Ridiculously Easy” for players who prefer to never die, and “Hard for No Reason” for crazy people.
- Snort out loud with a game chock-full of laughs.
Learn more about Adventures of Chris on the Graffiti Games site.