Starting October 8th, PC and Nintendo Switch players looking for a not-so-average superhero game to play will definitely want to take a look at Graffiti Games’ and Guin Entertainment’s Adventures of Chris. The game will launch on Switch and for PC via Steam for $14.99. Steam fans can wishlist the game now with pre-orders set to open on the Nintendo eShop in the very near future.
Chris is not your typical superhero. In this 90s-inspired platformer, players assist Chris in his battle against bizarre enemies. He is a “chubby underdog kid with wacky superpowers”. As players level throughout the game, they unlock new abilities and special moves and spells. One odd example is that Chris is kidnapped and “turned into a balloon by cartoon villains”. After escaping, Chris discovers he can throw lightning and bounce like a basketball. He turns from a weakling into the ultimate hero all while saving the world before dessert.
Recently, we took Adventures of Chris out for a spin and have some video footage and a preview to share.
Check out the Adventures of Chris official site to learn more about the game.
About Adventures of Chris
- Uncover a sinister story in a quirky, cartoon-like universe.
- Explore 9 locations around the world in any order you please, plus the Kingdom of Lost Balloons and more!
- Build Chris from a weak kid into the ultimate underdog hero by upgrading him with unique special moves and abilities that you can customize to your style.
- Learn (or purchase) increasingly powerful spells and techniques.
- Battle bizarre villains across the globe, including samurai cats, cyborg penguins and whiny vampires.
- Float or fall through unique platforming challenges.
- Two additional full game modes, including bonus content – a more difficult and humorous Mean Mode, and Developer Commentary.
- A variety of unlockable content and secrets to discover, including an in-depth backstory.
- Numerous difficulty settings, including “Ridiculously Easy” for players who prefer to never die, and “Hard for No Reason” for crazy people.
- Snort out loud with a game chock-full of laughs.