Super.com and Bad Minions have announced that Alchemist Adventure has officially launched into Steam Early Access. Players interested in exploring a “mysterious fantasy world filled with the wonder of alchemy” can get in on the action for $9.95 through July 9th when the price goes up to its normal $11.99 price.
Players are cast into the role of Mya, an aspiring alchemist set on exploring the abandoned realm in which she finds herself. She harnesses the power of alchemy to solve puzzles, to discover and defeat enemies, and to find her loved ones along the way.
Developers have likened the game to an action-adventure hybrid that contains RPG elements to create a game that should appeal to a wide array of gamers.
- Discover a mysterious world — During the game you will travel through different locations, from laboratories and dungeons to a factory inside a volcano. Each region has many challenges, hidden secrets, different enemies to fight, and lore to discover.
- Combine elements and make all kinds of potions — Use the four basic elements (fire, water, air, earth) along with special ingredients (from cuprum to nigredo) to create bombs, elixirs, and sword oils.
- Transform the world around you — Interact with the environment using alchemy. Raise the water level of a lake, cross a river by creating ice platforms, use the wind to move objects, and create lightning to start an engine!
- Solve alchemical puzzles — Combine elements to open chests, make paths, or find hidden objects.
- Fight all kinds of monsters — Use elements to discover enemies’ weaknesses and try different strategies to defeat them.
- Switch between characters or play co-op — Join the journey as a flying homunculus that can fight, solve puzzles, collect resources, and play with a friend!
Check out the Alchemist Adventure Steam page to learn more.