The Animal Crossing: New Horizons team is making millions of sad Halloween fanatics a bit happier thanks to the arrival of the new Fall Update that has just arrived in game. Thanks to the dev team, players around the world will be able to experience a virtual Halloween if not an in-person one thanks to the ongoing COVID pandemic. The update is now live in the game and it brings pumpkins, costumes, and a brand new Halloween event with it.
Players will be able to take part in a number of fun activities including:
- growing pumpkins that can be harvested and used in pumpkin-based DIY projects
- take part in Halloween-themed activities such as purchasing a costume, body paint, and colored eye contacts
- learn Halloween DIY projects
- on Halloween, neighbors will gather in the plaza that is decorated for the holiday
- Jack “the Czar of Halloween” will come along. Giving him lollipops and candy will net “spooky in-game rewards”.
- giving candy to neighbors so as not to get pranked
- earn new Reactions
- revisiting Dreams from the Summer event
“For players that have yet to create their personal island paradise in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, now is a great time to get started,” said Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Players who enjoyed their islands during the spring and summer will find new ways to play when they experience the new festive activities that fall has to offer.”
Check out all of the details by visiting the Animal Crossing: New Horizons official site.