It has been a week since the latest Bioware project has seen the light of the day. The team has taken to Reddit to announce a loot update coming to Anthem. The changes are based on the community feedback submitted since the launch of the game and mostly revolve around loot not feeling useful.
Here’s the summary of the loot changes provided in the thread by Bioware’s Ben Irving:
Inscriptions are now better for the items they are on
- This applies to new items earned in Anthem (not existing ones in your Vault)
- If an inscription applies only to the item it is on (gear icon), it will be useful to that item. Otherwise, the inscription will provide a Javelin wide benefit
- For example, an Assault Rifle will not have an item specific +pistol damage inscription. It may have a +electric damage suit wide inscription (cool for a lightning build)
Removed uncommon (white) and common (green) items from level 30 drop tables
- This was a highly requested change that the Bioware’s team has agreed with
Reduced the crafting materials needed to craft a masterwork from 25 masterwork embers to 15 masterwork embers
- As you salvage or harvest, you should be able to craft more masterwork items to get the inscriptions you are looking for
- Now that inscriptions are more relevant to their item, this should yield better results for players
In Anthem, up to four players explore and battle in a dangerous, mysterious place populated by great characters and a unique BioWare story. Players can also create stories of their own while they play, so no two journeys are the same. Javelin exosuits make their pilots powerful heroes in the world, with awesome weapons and incredible special abilities that allow for combat and exploration in a hostile environment. Players are able to customize and personalize their suits with unique paint jobs and gear so they have the right tools to confront almost any situation and look good doing it.