Tim Conkling and Versus Evil showed off the launch trailer for strategic board game Antihero. The game will launch on Steam for PC and Mac on Monday.
What is Antihero?
Antihero is strategic board game taking place in a gas-lit Victorian world. Players will need to use stealth, cunning and even assassination to create the strongest Thieves’ Guild in the city.
Recruit street urchins, hire thugs, start a gang, upgrade your guild, steal everything… and bribe, blackmail, and assassinate your way to victory. Includes a story-driven campaign, AI skirmishes, and intense online and offline PvP.
Some of the game’s features:
- Multiple modes, including story-driven campaign, skirmish against AI, casual and ranked PvP Multiplayer
- Invite friends to play asynchronously or increase the pressure in a Live Match. Set up custom “House Rules” and tailor the game to your tastes!
- Take over the city’s businesses, estates, set up traps and steal to your hearth’s content – if your opponents don’t get there before you
- “SNEAKERY, STABBERY & SKULLDUGGERY!” Upgrade your guild, recruit street urchins, hire thugs, start a gang… and bribe, blackmail and assassinate the opposition. There are many paths to the top.
- Spend your ill-gotten goods to hire recruits, upgrade the guild and much more.
- See how you rank among all Master Thieves in the in-game leaderboards.