The developers from Respawn Entertainment have shared the latest dev blog dedicated to the player level progression changes coming to the Battle Royale game Apex Legends. Check out the full text of the update on the official site.
- The player Level cap has been increased to 500 (from 100)
- XP required to reach level 100 has been reduced by approximately 5%
- Players can now earn 199 Apex Packs by level 500:
- Level 2 – 20: One pack every level
- Level 22 – 300: One pack every two levels
- Level 305 – 500: One pack every five levels
- You will continue to earn 600 Legend Tokens per level
- Apex Packs rewards will be retroactive
- Players will also earn a Player Level Gun Charm every 100 Player Levels
Under the old system, there was a large increase in XP required at level 26. Under the new system, we’ve reduced the rate at which XP required to level up increases from levels 20 to 58. The net impact of this change is that the XP curve should be softer for new players, meaning they will get more rewards, faster through level 58. Additionally, the total XP required to hit level 100 will be reduced by approximately 5%. Because XP requirements are being reduced, players between levels 20 and 99 may find they are a level higher after this change goes live, if they were close to leveling up. These XP changes will have no effect on players already at level 100.