Indie studio Zojoi has announced it’s “Ancient Greek adventure” game called Argonus & the Gods of Stone. The announcement was made via a new trailer that is packed with nostalgia and a 60s style stop motion system that is similar to old Harryhausen movies like Jason and the Argonauts. The company is blending “unique narrative adventures with mythology and 21st-century game mechanics”.
The game is being prepared for Steam/PC release on October 8, 2019.
About Argonus & the Gods of Stone
Argonus & the Gods of Stone is set within the world of ancient Greece. You are Argonus, a historian and cartographer, who awakes to find himself lost on strange shores. The Argo, famed ship of hero Jason and his Argonauts, has been pulled onto sharp rocks by a siren’s song and now lies shattered in shallow waters. When you discover the fate of your stalwart companions, you must make a deal with a goddess – Stop the blight that has taken untold lives in return for safe passage home or risk succumbing to the bedevilment that stalks this isle…
- Explore a beautifully-rendered Greek isle and discover a world of gods and monsters.
- Solve intriguing in-world puzzles and unlock ancient mysteries.
- Experience a thrilling mythological story, narrated by Betsy Brantley (Princess Bride, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?).
- Enjoy a dynamic soundtrack by composer Rich Douglas.
- Utilize a streamlined command & inventory system, keeping you immersed in the adventure.
- Unlock 20 Steam achievements.