Studio Wildcard has announced that ARK: Survival Evolved on consoles has grown a bit larger with the addition of the free-to-all Crystal Isles expansion map. Both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players can now check out the 150 square kilometer map with its new biomes. The map has been available for PC for several weeks.
The map includes a number of big new game features for players to explore including:
- The Great Valley: A rainforest with bogs and towering tree limbs that lend new options for base-building.
- Eldritch Isle: An eerie and challenging realm worth braving for its valuable resources, like element and oil.
- Emberfall: A fantastic region of vibrant foliage and volcanic danger that also rewards exploration.
- Apotheosis: A cluster of floating islands tangled with vines and roots, shot through with cavernous pockets, and spilling over with waterfalls.
- New Wyverns: Three unique types of crystal wyvern species to tame and breed.
- All New Boss Arena: A new custom boss arena
Check out the Crystal Isles trailer before heading to the ARK: Survival Evolved official site to learn more.