It’s that time of year when the air is cooler with ghosties and ghoulies coming to haunt the latter part of October. Games are no exception, of course, as evidenced by ARK: Survival Evolved. For the fourth year, the Fear Evolved event has descended into game that challenges players to face off against ghost dinos, skeletal chibis, new emotes, spectral creature skins, event-themed cosmetics, and it marks the return of the Dodorex. The event is available for PlayStation 4, and PC with the Xbox version arriving later today.
During Fear Evolved 4, players will also be able to leverage 2X experience gains for all activities including Harvesting and Taming & Breeding. There are 11 chibis to hunt down to add to their collections and 7 spectral dino skins.
Fear Evolved features include:
- Scary Dino Encounters: Take on the DodoWyvern and DodoRex bosses who lead the scary band of creatures found during Spooktober on the ARK!
- Spooky Chibis: Collect the 11 new event chibis, including Skeletal Rex, Bone Wyvern, Skeletal Stego, even adding a Zombie Wyvern to your collection!
- Ghost Creature Skins: Find a Ghost Creature in the wild and after you kill it, get the skin to add to your creature. Available for Reaper, Bulbdog, Rex, Basilisk, Snow Owl, Mantis, and Direwolf.
- Creepy Emotes: Choose from five event emotes, including new Knock and Scare expressions to spook your friends.
- Festive Clothing: Pick your favorite Halloween themed Hawaiian shirt or swimsuit, including new stylish Reaper and Jack o’ Lantern swimsuits.
- Special Creature Event Colors: This year’s colors now include Vermillion, Actual Black, Midnight Blue, Medium Autumn, Dark Warm Gray, Orange, Dark Lavender, and Jade.
Check out the ARK: Survival Evolved official site to learn more.