Nintendo’s second big piece of news for the day is about the ARMS global “testpunch” beta! Each region will have two full weekends of gaming goodness. The first weekend will be live in North America beginning May 26th as well as the following day in Europe.
The specific times and dates are as follows:
- Friday, May 26th to Sunday, May 28th
- Friday, June 2nd to Sunday, June 4th
- Saturday, May 27th to Sunday, May 28th
- Saturday, June 3rd to Sunday, June 4th
ARMS Global “TESTPUNCH” isn’t all the news!
Nintendo released a ton of other news about the game as well including more about game modes, customization and more.
Here’s some of what they had to say:
- Combat customization starts with making a character. Each one chooses two ARMS (think weapons) that can come in different types, have different attributes, and weight as well as the ability to be upgraded.
- Versus Mode comes in a number of different flavors including 2-player Fight mode; Team Fight where teams of 2 take each other on; V-Ball allows players to knock an explosive ball at opponents; Hoops; Skillshot to break as many targets as possible; 1-On-100; as well as Testing & Training
- Multiplayer also has a number of online modes: Grand Prix, Party Match, Ranked Match and Local Wireless Mode
Over time, Nintendo has plans to update ARMS post-launch with free patches with new fighters, stages and weapons.
If you’d like to know more or would like to sign up for testing, head to the official site for more information.