Ash of Gods is a mix between a roguelike RPG, visual novel and online turn-based strategy. The developers, AurumDust Studio, admit to being heavily inspired by The Banner Saga as well as The Darkest Dungeon. The game uses Unity engine.
Ash of Gods has begun its Kickstarter campaign. The developers seek $75,000 in order to finish the game.
What do we know about Ash of Gods?
The days of mankind are numbered. Terrible tales of the past come to life, and monstrous creatures known as reapers return to the world to drown it in blood and awaken the sleeping gods. Retired captain Thorn Brenin, bodyguard Lo Pheng and errant scribe Hopper Rouley try to avoid the great harvest and save the people who entrusted their lives to them.
Players will have to make many hard choices in their travel through the game world. Would you sacrifice a life of a party member to save the lives of others? Each decision affects the world as well as the plot and can lead to one of 7 unique endings. However, even the death of one of the protagonists does not end the game but will have its consequences.
Some of the Ash of Gods’ features are:
- The game will be available for PC, Xbox, PlayStation 4, Android and iOS devices
- Players can take part in PvE and PvP multiplayer modes
- Limited RNG: only your enemy’s moves will come as a surprise. For the rest, the game is completely devoid of any element of chance. When you use a skill, you will know exactly what it will do and how hard it will strike.
- Everything comes with a price: many abilities cost Health instead of more common Mana. HP and MP are equally important.
- Tactics and Bluffing: cards that can be used in combat come in many varieties and can only be used in a specific round of battle. Some are pretty straightforward. However, others work in complicated ways.
Story, Music & Animation
The story is written by Sergey Malitsky, author of fantasy titles such as Arban Saesh, The Code of Semideath, Nothing Personal and much more. The game is based on a novel with working name “Terminum”. The heart of it is the idea of ordinary people making difficult choices.
Wild, primitive, savage and even a little “Gypsy”. The music is about looming catastrophe, predestination, resistance to fate, honor and valor. We have tried to convey the atmosphere of the impending end of the world with the aid of spine-tingling medieval pagan folk music. Of course, we don’t have the piles of money you need for a live orchestra, but that hasn’t prevented us from recording marvelous live instrumental music with vocals.
Adam Skopura, Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz and Michael Cielecki collaborated to bring forth the soundtrack for Ash of Gods. They wrote the music for such projects as BulletStorm, PainKiller, The Witcher, EVE Online, Call of Juarez as well as Shadow Warrior. Players will be able to hear authentic musical instuments such as “Fidel Plocka”, “Suka Bilgorajska”, Bulgarian Gadulka, Turkish Kemence and much more.
The developers were inspired by the work of Ralph Bakshi, old-school Disney cartoons and the Soviet animation studio “Soyuzmultfilm”. You can pledge as well as find much more information on the game’s Kickstarter page. Check out the trailer below!