The developers of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey welcome players to 2019 with the first monthly update to the game.
The Legacy of the First Blade – Episode 2: Shadow Heritage
The second instalment continues the story arc of the first episode, Hunted. Players will get to investigate a blockade around the port city of Achaia. You’ll discover a group of stranded citizens whose lives are being threatened by a fierce naval commander, the Tempest, who is in charge of the blockade.
Take your ship to an epic maritime battle against Tempest and end the blockade.
Shadow Heritage will be available starting January 15. To start Episode 2 you need to complete the first episode, Hunted, complete the Naxos questline in Chapter 7 of the main story, and be at least level 28.
The Lost Tales of Greece – The Daughters of Lalaia
In The Daughters of Lalaia, players will get to go to a village that was left defenseless once the men have left for war. Responding to the request of women and children, you’ll train them to prepare for incoming danger.
This is no easy task, as you will be confronted with choices that will determine the survival of the village.
The Lost Tales of Greece – Poet’s Legacy
In Poet’s Legacy, you’ll meet Greece’s most scandalous poet. During this questline, you’ll learn that she isn’t quite what she seems as you become increasingly involved in her risqué performances.
To get started, reach Chapter 5 of the main story and make your way to the Boetia region. The first quest is called Praxilla’s Admirer and we recommend that you’re at least level 34.
- Cyclops – Arges. Face the legendary Cyclops known as the Bright One, and get your chance to win his legendary weapon, the Hammer of Hephaistos.
- Ubisoft Club Reward – Aya. Aya from Assassin’s Creed Origins can be joining the ranks of your Adrestia as Legacy Lieutenant!
- New items. The Dionysos Character pack contains a gear set, mount, and a legendary dagger. Later this month you’ll be able to get your hands on the Athena Pack. Like Phidias’s grand statue of Athena, this pack really impresses a crowd.
- New Mercenary Tiers. Two more tiers have been added to the Mercenary Ladder, which will reward you with new benefits worthy of a demigod…if you can conquer them!
- Hephaistos’ workshop: Learn – View all existing engravings, and purchase more engravings with Drachmae. Upgrade – You can upgrade your gear to Engravings Tier 6 and 7. Engrave – As you would expect from any blacksmith, you can also engrave gear at Hephaistos’s Workshop.
- Enemy Scaling. With the next update, you will be able to adapt enemy scaling settings to your preferences.
As soon as the update hits on January 10, visit the options menu and find the Level Scaling setting. From there you’ll be able to customize how drastically the enemies will scale to your level.
- Heavy – All enemies remain at your level.
- Normal – No change in the difficulty settings.
- Light – Content is around two levels below your level.
- Very Light – Content is around four levels below your level.
Check out the 1.1.2 Patch Notes to see the entire list of changes!