Assassin’s Creed: Origins fans rejoice, free and premium content updates are on their way in the month of March. Players will see a new hard mode for Trials of the Gods and the final DLC, Curse of the Pharaohs, launches in a week.
Trials of the Gods
PCGamesN reports fans can enjoy a greater challenge and a new Anubis item set for defeating the gods. Hard mode starts with the game update released today. Each week two gods will be unleashed, one in hard mode and the other normal, on the following schedule:
- March 6 – 13 → Anubis on Normal + Sekhmet on Hard
- March 13 – 20 → Sobek on Normal + Anubis on Hard
- March 20 – 27 → Sekhmet on Normal + Sobek on Hard
- March 27 – April 3 → Anubis on Normal + Sekhmet on Hard
Curse of the Pharaohs
The second and final DLC for AC: Origins will launch March 13. The game has added an introductory quest, “Lights Among the Dunes”, to celebrate the release and lead players into the story. Four years after the events of the main game Bayek will head into new adventures, discovering new mysteries.
Players can look forward to the following features:
- Discover the Ancient capital city of Thebes with its temples of Karnak and Luxor
- Explore secret tombs in the Valley of Kings and what lies beyond
- New gear, outfits and mount
- Level Increase up to 55
- Available as part of the Season Pass or purchasable separately from March 13
Curse of the Pharaohs will offer two ways to play. You can bring your existing character and save into the new story. If you’re low level and can’t wait to jump into the action you will be able to create a new save with Bayek at level 45 in preselected gear.
In-Game Store Updates
Two new packs are available through the in-game store. The Undead Pack (available March 6) features Eternal Vigil mount, the Serket’s Reach (Warrior Bow), the Scorpion Shield, the Song of the Desert (Sickle Sword) and the Pharaoh’s Regalia outfit. The Primal pack (available March 20) features a set of Stone Age weapons from Far Cry: Primal. Also available March 20, from Ubisoft Club, is the “Hunter’s Fur” outfit.