At the Gates is an indie 4x strategy game from Jon Shafer, designer of Civilization 5. Players take on a role of a Dark Age lord whose destiny is to build a kingdom in the shadow of the crumbling Roman Empire. You will need to explore the landscape, harvest resources and build up your economy and military.
It won’t be easy. Your path is unsure. Overcome your immensely strong neighbors. Outlast the frigid winters of the far north to discover a source of gold and vast riches.
Are you the leader who will usher in a new era of European history? Or will you be forgotten?
- An Evolving Map – Seasons and weather dramatically transform the landscape around you. The river that once served as a barrier in the summer might become a highway in the winter – for both you and your enemies!
- Character Management – Each of your clans has unique traits and desires, so choose carefully how you use them.
- Survival & Roguelike Elements – Keep your clans fed through the harsh winter. Resources run out so always be hunting for more. Your neighbors can be immensely strong. Every game poses new challenges and opportunities.
- Watercolor Art Style – A beautiful watercolor landscape serves as the canvas for your clever economic and military strategies.
- Tooltips-in-Tooltips! – AtG features a revolutionary user interface which utilizes “tooltips-in-tooltips” for the very first time, making it far easier to learn without sacrificing any gameplay depth.
AtG will be released on January 23rd, 2019. Check out the game’s Steam page to learn more or wishlist AtG.