Larian Studios, the developers of cRPG Baldur’s Gate 3, have taken to Steam to reveal that the latest hotfix #17 is now live. The patch fixes a variety of bugs, including unavailability of Lae’zel romance regardless of players’ reputation rating.
The recent major Patch 6: Forging the Arcane added a variety of changes to the game, including a new Sorcerer class, Grymforge area, graphical enhancements and much more. The developers have revealed that Patch 6 saw the game’s highest concurrent player numbers since the launch.
“In our previous patch, it turns out Lae’zel wasn’t romanceable regardless of her approval rating. There’s probably a life lesson in that. But this isn’t ‘Larian’s Dating Advice Column’ – although we feel like given the nature of some of your fan art, a dating simulator with our most popular characters wouldn’t go amiss. Or at least a tapestry. Anyone know any good tapestry makers?”
- Fixed issue preventing romance with Lae’zel regardless of your approval rating.
- Characters no longer walk around causing Bludgeoning damage to everyone around them.
- AI now use their full arsenal of spells and items during combat.
- Fixed crash that would occur during a saving throw if an item was equipped that improved your proficiency in an ability.
- Character portraits now display correctly in the Twitch Extension during multiplayer.
- Triggering Wild Magic: Turn Magic no longer skips your turn in FTB or combat.
- Fixed shields from disappearing at the start of sheath animation.
- AI no longer take Attacks of Opportunity when they shouldn’t.
- Nere’s Shield of Screams now automatically activates as soon as he enters combat, and lasts for the duration of the fight.
- Performance drop during cinematic dialogue at the Tiefling Den is no more.
- Fixed rare crash that occurred when previewing a jump.
- A black square no longer appears in the middle of the screen when crossing the bridge to the Blighted Village with NPOT resolution and lensflare enabled.