Starting May 13th, parched Major League Baseball fans will be able to sate their thirst for the game when Super Mega Baseball 3 arrives. Metalhead will be releasing the game on that date for $44.99 on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam.
To celebrate the official launch date announcement, Metalhead developers have released a brand new trailer that dives in to several of the game’s features including the overhauled batting AI, adjusted pitching mechanics, and improved fielder selection. The team also announced that a completely new online feature will be revealed just ahead of launch and that it has heard the SMB3 community and is hard at work on several highly-requested features that will come post-launch. Most notably, players will be able to import their favorite tea from SMB2.
Features of the game include:
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night, and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all-new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement, and signing/releasing of free agents (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode (1v1, online-only, controller only).
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends (1vCPU, 2vCPU, 1v1, 2v1, 2v2, CPUvCPU, local or online).
Learn more on the Super Mega Baseball 3 official site.