Paradox Interactive and Harebrained Schemes have released the first major expansion Flashpoint for the turn-based strategy Battletech. To celebrate the occasion, the devs have presented the players with the brand new release trailer.
BATTLETECH’s first-ever expansion adds new gameplay, depth, and over 30 hours of new content to your mercenary experience. Introducing Flashpoints: high-stakes, branching short stories that link together mercenary missions, crew conversations, special events, critical choices, and rare bonus rewards to take BATTLETECH’s endgame and Career-Mode gameplay to the next level.
- Extracurricular Activities The petty squabbling of political rivals takes a deadly turn when civilians are caught in the crossfire. Will you escort them to safety at the risk of your MechWarriors and their ‘Mechs… even if they can’t pay?
- Criminal Minds The routine capture of a criminal syndicate’s warehouse uncovers the resting place of an ancient BattleMech. Will you share this information with your employer or keep the ‘Mech for yourself?
- Headhunting The Zhao twins are a thorn in the side of your employer and it’s time to terminate their command. But when their forces are routed and the siblings flee in two directions you’ll need to choose which commander – and which unique salvage – you’ll pursue.
- New battlemechs Expand your ‘Mech arsenal with the armour-chopping power of the Hatchetman, the speed and versatility of the Crab, and the battle-computer-equipped Cyclops.
- New encounter Target Acquisition is an exciting new mission type that challenges you to put your light and medium ‘Mechs to the test. Take control of three locations to triangulate fire on an enemy installation before time runs out.
- New biome Take the fight to all-new lush, tropical environments – but watch out for the spore clouds (or use them to your advantage!)
You can purchase Battletech: Flashpoint separately or acquire a Season Pass that includes it as well as two other DLCs that will come out later.