Ubisoft has released a new video series for the upcoming action RPG Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey. In Behind the Odyssey, the developers will discuss many features of the upcoming game and what makes it tick. The first episode concentrates on the RPG mechanics and elements as the team discusses how the players’ choices make big changes that determine how you Odyssey is written.
Your choice of whom to give your strength to in the political struggle in Greece will affect the ending. So weight your decision before throwing your lot in with Sparta or Athens. The game will also take into consideration many smaller factors than your character’s affiliation.
The second episode is centered around Combat Customization. The developers discuss combat innovations, custom fighting styles, and special abilities.
Episode 3 takes a closer look at the Naval Battles. While not as prevalent as in Black Flag, you will take part in quite a few during your stay in Greece. In the video the team discusses ship customization, recruitment, and naval combat!
Episode 4 tells how the developers were creating the Ancient Greece you will set out to explore very soon. In this video the team discusses the historically rich setting they chose as well as how the world would respond to the player’s actions.
Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey is scheduled to release on October 5, 2018, for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
More about Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey:
- Embark on your journey from humble beginnings to living legend as Alexios or Kassandra. Customize your gear, upgrade your abilities, and personalize your ship on your path to becoming a Spartan hero.
- From the heights of snowy mountain peaks to the depths of the Aegean Sea, explore an entire country full of untamed environments and cities at the peak of Greece’s Golden Age. Unexpected encounters will breathe life into your story as you meet colorful characters, battle vicious mercenaries, and more.
- Your decisions shape the world around you with over 30 hours of choice dialogue and multiple game endings. Experience a living, dynamic world that constantly evolves and reacts to your every decision.
- Show off your extraordinary warrior abilities and shift the tides of battle during one of the deadliest conflicts of the time, the Peloponnesian War. Charge into epic clashes between Sparta and Athens in big battles pitting 150v150 soldiers against each other.
- Find uncharted locations, uncover hidden treasures, or fight your way through entire fleets in naval battles. Customize the look of your ship, upgrade weaponry to suit your strengths, and recruit crewmembers with unique perks, tailoring naval combat to your style.
- Discover a world rich with myths and legends. From ancient rituals to famed statues, come face to face with Greece’s legendary figures and discover the true nature of mythological beasts like Medusa and the Minotaur.