Publisher HypeTrain Digital and developer Morteshka studio have announced that tactical card-based RPG Black Book has sold over 100,000 copies since its release.
The game follows the adventures of a young witch named Vasilisa. Having lost her beloved, she turns to the mysterious artifact known as the Black Book for a chance to bring him back. Fight evil forces in card-based battles and explore the world, where humans live alongside mythological creatures. Dive into the cold, yet alluring world of Slavic folktales — and uncover the secrets that hide in the darkness.
The game is available on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC via Epic Games Store, GoG.com and & Steam. Check out our review to find out more about Black Book.
- A full English voice over with extensive story dialogues featuring over 150,000 words and 25 hours of gameplay
- Experience a haunting tale of myth and mystery, set in the backdrop of towns and villages of the late 19th Century;
- 7 Chapters to get through — each with their own main unfolding narrative and multiple side-stories;
- Battle the evil spirits with the card-collecting, deck-building battle system;
- Meet all kinds of companions on your way through Cherdyn — from a war-battered soldier to a talking cat with a dry sense of humor;
- Recruit demonic forces to your cause and use their power to grow stronger;
- Dive into the world of Slavic legend and folklore, and test your newfound knowledge of its mythology.