Developed by Marcos Abenante (Brutal Doom), Brutal Fate is a fast-paced retro FPS inspired by 80’s and 90’s sci-fi movies. The developer promises that the game blends the best features of classic shooters such as non-linear level design, a huge arsenal, and large enemy variety with some modern aspects, making it a unique mix that does not tries to hang on nostalgia, but be something of it’s own. Brutal Fate is coming to Steam Early Access in January.
The game takes place in the year 2251. You take the role of a Staff Sergeant serving as a platoon leader of the G.O.A.S.M.C. and A colony within Jupiter’s moon Callisto has gone silent. Your battalion is called in to investigate, and after a four-month journey, you arrive to witness a most disturbing visage. Both the government personnel and the one million civilians that lived on this colony were merciless slaughtered and their bodies defiled in unspeakable macabre rituals. Now, an unfathomable evil lurks these dead streets, and now it’s hungry eyes gazes upon you.
The battleship is suddenly destroyed, with over half of the attack force still inside it. The surviving marines are now helpless stuck on this dead planet with no kind of support or way out. A legion of inter-dimensional creatures arises from the darkness and surrounds you. Now you only have one objective: Survive.
Brutal Fate features:
- Huge arsenal of weapons that may require to use all your keyboard numbers to scroll through it
- Fight an entire circus of monstrosities, carnivorous demons, zombie-like cultists, shuffling supernatural incomprehensible abominations from beyond and more
- Explore huge non-linear levels, look for secrets to find special rare alternative ammo types for your weapons, health and armor upgrades, and much more.
- Command your fellow marines out of this hell. Your character’s rank as a Staff Sergeant isn’t only for show. Find any survivors of this disastrous operation and they will follow you.
- Mod it until it breaks. Running on the highly reliable GZDoom engine, this game is extremely easy to be modified. You can make mods adding custom weapons, enemies, levels, and entire new user-made campaigns