Astragon Entertainment and StillAlive Studios have announced that Bus Simulator 21 is now available via a number of digital and retail stores around the world. The game is out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Next-gen console owners will also be able to play the game. The PC version runs $34.99 while the console version is $49.99. Players who purchase the game during its first week of release will also receive the Angel Shores Insider Skin Pack DLC that contains 10 additional skins. The DLC is free to all players through September 13th.
- The game features 30 buses by international, well-known manufacturers, such as Volvo, Alexander Dennis, Scania, BYD, Grande West, and Blue Bird have been licensed in addition to the popular brands already included in the preceding installment (Mercedes-Benz, Setra, IVECO BUS, and MAN).
- In addition to classic rigid and articulated buses, this new installment of the series also allows you to drive a double-decker bus as well as enjoy the future of public transport: the e-bus!
- Two huge, lively environments in the USA and Europe with an even greater open-world approach will make you itch to explore your surroundings
- Drive alone or with friends in the cooperative multiplayer mode
- Optional, refined management features such as setting up detailed timetables, visiting bus dealers on the map, or planning efficient routes, that take into account the number of passengers at specific times, create an even deeper gameplay experience
- Different difficulty levels and play modes are available for a wide range of player types.
- More realism thanks to improved graphics, new dynamic weather, a day-night cycle, and a new AI for pedestrians and traffic
- Faithfully recreated bus sounds and a comprehensive, voiced tutorial and passenger dialogues in English and German for an even better atmosphere and more fun
- The new character creator has more than 15,000 design combinations for you to customize your bus driver’s body shape, clothes, skin color, hair, and much more.
- Less time in menus and more time on the road thanks to freely usable convenience features such as fast travel, fast-forwarding time, and directly taking over AI buses in your own fleet
- Various customization options: Personalize your buses’ surfaces with different colors, patterns, and ads; activate and deactivate the density of potholes in the roads, enable or disable the operation of the ticket machine, and much more
- Supports popular steering wheels, gamepads, Tobii Eye Tracking, and TrackIR
- Master challenging traffic situations: narrow roads, oncoming traffic, serpentines, a busy bus terminal, driving at night, road works, overland drives, potholes, traffic jams, traffic obstacles, speed bumps, and much more
- Lifelike experience with different events in the bus, such as a soiled interior, special requests from passengers, fare dodgers, loud music, and blocked bus stops
- Gradual expansion of modding (PC only): Start at launch with the creation of your own skins and decals for your buses and share them with the community via Mod.io at a later date. Thanks to the ongoing expansion of the modding kit, it will also be possible to create buses and maps in the near future.
Check out the Bus Simulator 21 official site to learn more.