On December 18th, Treyarch announced via Reddit that there were going to be some updates to Black Ops 4 across pretty much the whole game. This update affects both Xbox One and PC and it gives all players access to a new season of updates.
Per the news posts these are a few key additions,
- Multiplayer: Zero, Black Ops 4’s new Specialist armed with the EMP Disruptor grenade and Ice Pick hacking tool.
- Blackout: The debut of Hijacked, the new ARAV armored vehicle, and new IX Zombies Character Missions.
- Black Market: 100 new Tiers of earnable loot, including new MP weapons, Blackout characters, Mastercrafts, Epic Outfits, Reactive Camos, Weapon Camos, and more.
And for Black Ops Pass holders on Xbox One and PC, we’ve got exciting new game content in all three modes:
- Two new Multiplayer maps: Elevation and Madagascar.
- Dead of the Night, an all-new Zombies experience starring Kiefer Sutherland, Helena Bonham Carter, Brian Blessed, and Charles Dance.
- Black Ops 3 fan-favorite Reaper joins the cast of Blackout.
You will see some updates as Black Custom games will now hold a max of 12 and are planned to grow over time. It will be online only at this point so that everyone is up to date while playing, and it will still have custom characters and the traditional solos, duos, and quads.
You will hear new audio improvements now as well. They have lowered the volume of vehicles and the cargo plane so that everyone can hear the game better and stay in the action. Personally, this is what I like about PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds because when the plane is directly overhead you have a few seconds of movement time without the enemy hearing you. I feel that this is something maybe they should have left as is in Blackout.
There is a multitude of other updates that have been done to this game, but these are the main ones I wanted to outline. Here is a summary from the report of things being introduced.
- Now available on all platforms with Operation Absolute Zero:
- Zero unlocked at Tier 1 in the Black Market for use in MP and Blackout
- Hijacked, ARAV, new weapons, and IX Zombies Character Missions in Blackout
- Revamped Black Market with 100 Tiers
- Balance tuning for Zero in MP.
- Half Off Heist Featured Playlist in MP.
- Reactive Camo requirement tuning in MP.
- Stability fixes related to Zero in MP.
- Vehicle audio improvements in Blackout.
- Map improvements in Blackout.
- Gameplay and stability improvements in Zombies.
- Global Auto Sprint option added (all modes).
- All Specialists unlocked and “The Numbers” outfit reward added in Blackout (PS4).
- Limited-time Contraband Stashes added to Blackout (PS4).
- Daemon 3XB weapon balancing (PC).
- Custom Emblem fix (PC).
- Improved Auto Mantle (PC).
- Black Ops Pass content this week (Xbox One and PC):
- 2 new MP Maps: Elevation and Madagascar
- New Zombies experience: Dead of the Night
- New Blackout character: Reaper
If you would like to read a full unfettered review of everything being added or changed please check out the original post here.