The developers of Call of Duty have dropped the trailer for Warzone, a new massive free-to-play Battle Royale mode for the game that takes brave players to Verdanks to pit against one another. Up to 150 players can be stalking each other through the dense and sprawling map. Warzone is a game-changer packed with non-stop and endless action that’s free-to-play and free-for-everyone.
- In Battle Royale, fight to be the last squad standing while escaping the deadly gas in the swiftly closing circle with up to 150 players.
- In Plunder, the race is on to collect the most in-match Cash by looting across the map, taking down enemies to steal their Cash, and completing in-match Contracts.
Warzone takes place in Verdansk, an expansive city with multiple named zones and well over 300 points of interest. Each zone features distinct landmarks like the Gorengard Lumber Yard or the Gora Dam; the zones take place across different environment types like cities and rural areas for unique engagements. Change up your drop location in each match to get a better lay of the land and take advantage of what Verdansk has to offer.
If you need to get somewhere fast in Warzone, the best method is a vehicle. There are five vehicles all with varying levels of protection, speed, seating, and off-roading capability. Each vehicle has a health meter and when it reaches zero, the vehicle explodes and flames out:
- ATV – two seater, provides minimal protection, good at offroading, fast.
- Tactical Rover – four seater, provides minimal protection, solidly fast, solid at off-roading.
- SUV – four seater, provides good protection, medium speed, not ideal for off-roading.
- Cargo Truck – holds the squad plus equipment, excellent protection, not for off-roading, slowest.
- Helicopter – four seater, decent coverage, flies.
Check out the reveal blog post on the official Activision site to learn more about the mechanics of Warzone.