MicroProse has sent out a brand new trailer for its upcoming FPS Ground Branch. The trailer showcases one of the game’s most prominent features, Close Quarters Battle (CQB) that is sure to kick off anyone’s claustrophobia.
The game is currently in early access on Steam and has received very positive user reviews due to its unique take on the combat experience. Developers are hearkening back to an earlier age of the genre with “deliberate, calculated, and unforgiving gameplay” that takes its cues from “the tactical realism genre of the late 90s and early 2000s”.
- “True First Person” increases immersion and realism. “What you see is what you get.”
- Customization options for everything from your character and gear including vest and weapon platforms, individual pouch and attachment placement, and more.
- Encumbrance and stamina system (TBA)
- 8-player co-op or 8v8 “adversarial game mode”
- Training areas including shooting ranges, etc.
- Integrated VOIP with 3D positional voice and radio
- Text chat and prerecorded messages
- multiple movement speeds
Check out the intense action in the Ground Branch trailer before heading to the game’s official site to learn more.