PC, PlayStation, and Xbox owners best get ready for the Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Open Beta when it begins on 27 May.
Tripwire Presents and Developer Torn Banner Studios has just opened an invite to players to settle the age-old console war in a rather direct fashion with the news that the Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Open Beta is set to begin on 27 May. Coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, and PC, this new campaign of destruction will kick off on 11:00am (EDT) and is set to call an end to hostilities on June 1 at 11:00am (EDT).
Following on from the recent Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Closed Beta this is the last chance fans of this medieval combat sim will get to duke it out for free before Chivalry 2 launches for real. This also means that players will get an opportunity to delve deep into this final game with a ton of extra content added for this one last fee for all. maps, features, and updates based on player feedback from the Closed Beta will feature, including the following battles:
- The Slaughter of Coxwell (New Team Objective Map): The Mason Order seeks to make a brutal example of the peaceful village of Coxwell after it declared support for Argon II. Burn the village, breach the gate, steal the gold, and kill the soldiers.
- The Battle of Darkforest (New Team Objective Map): Agathian forces lie in wait, ready to ambush the Mason army that marches forth to kill the Duke of Fogbern Keep. Destroy the barricade, push the convoy, capture and hold the gatehouse, and kill the Duke.
- The Siege of Rudhelm (Team Objective Map): After weeks of siege, Agathian forces begin a final assault upon a Mason stronghold defended by the Mason heir. Push the siege towers, capture and hold the gatehouse, burn the tents, push the siege ramps, capture and hold the courtyard, and take down the heir to achieve victory.
- The Battle of Wardenglade (Team Deathmatch/FFA Map): The armies of the Mason Order and Agathian Knights meet in an evenly matched open field of battle.
- Tournament Grounds (Team Deathmatch/FFA Map): Elite warriors of the Mason Order and the Agathian Knights fight for supremacy and adoration of the crowd.
- Free-for-All (New Game Mode): It’s you versus everyone else in this chaotic free-for-all frenzy appearing for the first time in the Cross-Play Open Beta.
Alongside these new warzones, players will have the opportunity to fully customize their character for the first time before joining epic scale 64/40 Player Servers. PC Players looking for something a bit more intimate can drop the faceless zerg and go 1v1 in a unique server mode too.
Frankly, there is too much to go over in this briefing, so check out the new developer diary video we posted above or the official Chivalry 2 website before picking up your sword and spear for the Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Open Beta.