Blue Isle Studios has announced that its magical open-world sandbox RPG, Citadel: Forged With Fire, is ready for launch this fall. While the PC version has been in early access for a couple of years, October 11th will mark its full retail release. In addition to the PC version, Blue Isle will be launching the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions on the same day. The game will be available in both physical and digital forms.
Citadel: Forged With Fire is filled with magic as budding wizards learn to master the art of spellcasting, spell-crafting, and broomstick riding while taking advantage of the massive building capabilities of the game.
“With three major content updates and more than 90 patches, we worked directly with the community during Early Access to ensure that Citadel was massive in scale and rich with content in preparation for its full launch,” said Alex Tintor, managing director of Blue Isle Studios. “Three huge boss dungeons, the refinement of our broomstick flight and addition of the Broomstick Sports combined with enhancements to our spell crafting system will envelop players into this magical realm.”
Some of the features include:
- the ability to spell-craft any item;
- taking flight on a broomstick or tame wild creatures or even craft alchemy potions for levitation;
- building fortresses, castles, or simple homes;
- traveling across numerous zones with a variety of ecosystems;
- taking part in broomstick sports such as Ignus;
- battling or taming tons of magical creatures like “direwolves, phoenixes, dragons, trolls, and more”;
- working cooperatively with others to “build an empire” while taking the fight to those who oppose you.
Fans can preorder the game for $39.99 on PC, PS4, and XB1.