The developers from Treyarch have shared the changes coming into CoD: Black Ops 4 with update 1.12 via Reddit. The update includes tuning changes to Armor, Concussions, and Cluster Grenades in Blackout.
The weekend is already here, and we’re celebrating with Multiplayer 2XP and 2X Weapon XP through 10AM PT Monday, Jan. 28, plus our Nuketown Featured Playlist in MP now through 10AM PT Tuesday, Jan. 29! Let’s get in there. We’re also rolling out our 1.12 update throughout next week, with the first content drop starting on Tuesday.
- Classic & Loot Weapons in Zombies: 5 more weapons are being added to Zombies next week: MP 40, Grav, Daemon 3XB, SWAT RFT and KAP 45.
- Blackjack is back with an updated selection for this special take on Gun Game, now featuring the KAP 45 full-auto pistol in the mix.
- Next limited-time mode arrives in Blackout next week on PS4 with Ambush. This hectic new mode will replace Down But Not Out in the Featured Playlist slot next week on PS4, while Down But Not Out runs on Xbox One and PC for the second week of its two-week run.
- The second Zombies Gauntlet arrives with “Vini, Vidi, Zombie!” in IX starting Jan. 29 on PS4. Battle the undead through 30 rounds of new challenges, and race against the clock to prove your gladiatorial skills to the rest of the world… or die trying.
- Treyarch is also planning on launching Blackout’s full camo progression system following the initial rollout of the 1.12 update, as well as support for Mastery Camos in Blackout and Zombies.
Regional Blackout Playlists
For our Blackout players in lower-population server regions, including South America and South Africa: changes are coming! We’ve continued to examine the data and investigate options that will provide the best experience for all players in these regions, and while condensing the number of playlists still proves to be the best option to ensure fuller lobbies, we’ve heard your requests for a wider variety of gameplay options.
Starting today, we’re testing out a region-based rotating Featured Playlist that will rotate multiple times per week. Today, you’ll see the Blackout Featured Playlist shift from Down But Not Out to Duos, and this will change again on Tuesday. Thanks for bearing with us while we test further options to make Blackout the best experience it can be for everyone around the world.
Treyarch will also have more information to share about the League Play and the World League Hub next week. Stay tuned to learn more!