Daedalic Entertainment and Atomic Torch Studio have announced that Cryofall will be leaving Steam early access on April 29th. The game is said to be a “feature and content-rich 2D multiplayer colony simulation with RPG elements” and has been in early access since April 2019. Developers have released tons of updates to the game that are based on community feedback and will receive a Day 1 release patch with balancing updates, new biomes, creatures, items, technologies, and quests to players.
According to the dev team, the game offers players a unique blend of features that encourage social interaction. The list of features is impressive and includes:
- Complex crafting and industry, including oil refining & lithium extraction.
- Technology progression through the ages: primitive, industrial, modern, futuristic, sci-fi.
- Farming with crop growth simulation, fertilizers, irrigation, etc. & diverse cooking options – also: fishing.
- Electricity system with power grid simulation. Build generators, storage structures, and electricity consumers.
- Civilian and military vehicles to explore the world faster or use in combat.
- Bionic and cybernetic implants to augment your character with new abilities or to boost stats.
- Player-driven economy with currency issuance, complex trading, and automated vending machines managed by players.
- Carefully hand-crafted game world (+ map editor).
- Diverse environments with several biomes (temperate, desert, tropical, boreal, wasteland, volcanic, etc.).
- Complex character simulation with a multitude of various effects and afflictions.
- Science! Chemistry, physics, medicine, and more.
- Meaningful player interactions with complex specialization options and faction system
- Official and community-hosted PvE, PvP, and modded servers.
- Extensive modding capabilities, including real-time code editing and open source game code.
- In-house developed Renkei Engine™, allowing hundreds of players on the same server.
- Extensive anti-cheat protection using a unique, self-developed system
Check out the Cryofall Steam page to learn more.