The developers from Crytek were planning to show a gameplay demonstration of the upcoming Crysis Remastered yesterday, July 1st, but the team made a decision to postpone the showcase and the release of the game. Shortly before the planned gameplay reveal, gameplay footage made its way to Youtube giving players a chance to see what is happening with the remaster. Many were unhappy at the state of graphics in the video, and the developers have listened to the reactions and decided to spend more time polishing the game.
“We are excited to be working on the Crysis franchise again, and to bring all the Crysis fans a remaster worthy of their passion for the game,” said Crytek CEO Avni Yerli. “It’s an exciting opportunity to be able to bring Crysis back to PCs and current consoles – even Nintendo Switch! – so that a whole new generation of players can experience the thrill of a battle in the Nanosuit.
- Suit up: Your Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight.
- Adapt: In an ever-changing environment, adapt your tactics to dominate on battlefields ranging from frozen jungle to alien environments.
- Customize: A huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style, with options ranging from the experimental to the alien.
- Conquer: Life-like enemy AI require a strategic and flexible playstyle, as new challenges – including a zero-g battlefield– require players to take the offensive and be proactive.
- Explore: Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles, and using the environment itself against your enemies.
Crysis Remastered is being developed for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.