The rogue-lite side scroll, Dead Cells (our Nintendo Switch review here), has a new, free update available now entitled “Rise Of the Giant“. Rise Of The Giant is aimed at both new and experienced players but boasts a wealth of end-game content for the most experienced players who have beaten the game at least once. Experienced players can expect to face off against horrible, horrible death as it awaits in the form of perilous lava pools and caverns of violent new enemies, including a new boss and a hidden level.
Also, the PC version of the game is on sale now on Steam for 20% off.
Other Features Found In the Update
- A new skinning system and more than 50 new character outfits to enjoy
- 10 new enemy types
- 10 new weapons have been introduced, including the Giant Killer, the Boi Axe and the Thunder Shield, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Three new skills have been included in the game
- And for the most advanced players: Rise of the Giant holds a new hidden level including an entirely new ending to your story
And way, way more. The entire list of patch notes can be found here: https://dead-cells.com/patchnotes
About Dead Cells
Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, Castlevania-inspired action-platformer from France based developers Motion Twin. The game allows you to explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle… assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers. To beat the game, you’ll have to master 2D “souls-lite combat” with the ever-present threat of permadeath looming.
- No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat.
- Intense 2D action with the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath in a castle full of cuddly creatures.
- Pattern-based bosses and minions, weapons and spells with unique gameplay.
- Nonlinear progression: Unlock new levels with every death, take a new path.
- Exploration: Secret rooms, hidden passages, charming landscapes. A fine place for a holiday.