Ukiyo Publishing has confirmed a new release date for Death Road to Canada on May 8th on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Originally scheduled for an April 25th release, Death Road to Canada was delayed following the tragic events that occurred in Toronto on April 23rd when a van plowed into a crowd of pedestrians, taking the lives of 10 innocent souls.
“We feel it would be deeply inapproriate to launch the game at such a time”, said Paul Hann, Managing Director of Ukiyo Publishing. “We would like to express our deepest condolences to everyone affected by the tragic events in Toronto.”
About The Game
Death Road to Canada is a Randomly Generated Road Trip Simulator. You control and manage a car full of jerks as they explore cities, recruit weird people, argue with each other, and face gigantic swarms of slow zombies.
Death Road is built for replay value. Everything is randomized: locations, events, survivor appearances and personalities. There’s a different story every time you play, set in a world that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
Some of the game’s features:
- Up to 500 zombies can hunt you down at a time. Fight them, try to squirm past, or run.
- Use the character creator to put yourself, friends, and family in the game. Have them show up at random to get eaten!
- Find special and rare events, weapons, and characters with strange abilities.
- Make tough choices in Interactive Fiction events. Get different options and results based on the traits of your party members.
- Teach a dog how to drive a car.
- Throw chairs. Get your characters strong enough to throw large sofas.
- Most family-friendly zombie apocalypse game on the market! Any gore explosion is in a cute style. We censor the word d*ngus once.
- Tell people to “Cool it.”
- 2 player local same screen co-op where you control up to 4 characters!