Frogwares has released a brand new trailer to introduce fans to features in the upcoming Sherlock Holmes Chapter One game. The video allows players to view how Holmes will investigate crimes as well as showcases a number of other features. Lastly, viewers will be able to get a first look at Holmes’s infamous brother, Mycroft.
Investigation is key to solving any crime and Holmes will be challenged to be thorough by using a number of different techniques including:
- Sweep for clues: Finding clues at the scene of the crime is detective work 101. In SHCO however, know that you can miss crucial clues and the game won’t hold you back. It’s up to you to decide when and if you have everything.
- Suspect identified: Every case needs a suspect. How you identify them early (correctly or incorrectly) plays out on how the suspect will treat you going forward.
- Use a disguise: The locals don’t wanna talk to you? Well, no surprise – you’re new to the island and not to be trusted. But maybe a clever disguise will trick them into trusting you. Acquire various outfits throughout the island and then use your intuition and clues to figure out what disguise to put on to start getting answers. The game will never tell you what disguise to use so expect a few snide remarks if you put on the wrong outfit.
- Look at this evidence: Got a piece of evidence you think someone really ought to know something about? The Evidence Pinning system lets you take any clue and present it to any person to see if they know something. With the right evidence in hand and some sound logic of who to ask, you should come out with an answer or two.
- Piece it all together: The Mind Palace is where it all comes together. The clues you have uncovered will be here and let you string together your theories of what really went down. Whether you are right or wrong is all down to you as the game won’t block you from making the wrong choice.
- A one-man judge and jury: On the island of Cordona, not everything is equal, so what constitutes a crime to some might be right in the eyes of others. It’s up to you to decide. Make your judgment based on what you believe is true and right and live with the consequences.
Look for the game starting November 16, 2021 for PC via Steam, Epic, and GoG, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S. A PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version will be released at a later date.
Learn more about each type of investigation by checking out the trailer and more about the game by heading to the Sherlock Holmes Chapter One official site.