Deep Sixed recently released title by Little Red Dog Games is now available on steam. If you are a fan of Simulators and a Trek fan, then this game should be on the top of your list.
You are working off the rest of your sentence as an involuntary stellar cartographer for a secretive corporation that holds a monopoly on the technology necessary to “fold space”. She has been issued a small spacecraft that is equipped with a touchy deep space scanner and you are supported by an Artificial Intelligence unit that is nothing short of infantile or even maybe a bit childish. Your orders, to map as much as possible and report back your experience and most importantly the resources you have found.
- A compelling story of friendship and compassion that promises to surprise and entertain.
- A diverse ecosystem of intergalactic fauna with their own predator, prey and scavenger roles to play.
- Life without an “undo” button. Your ship stays with you from start to finish. If something breaks, it’ll stay broken until you figure out how to fix it.
- A universe of procedurally generated mysteries for the ambitious explorer.
- A steep difficulty-curve that will push your ability to stay calm under pressure to the limits.
Your ship will experience all sorts of interesting and freighting moments as just like in real life there are no resets or undo’s. During your exploration, you will be faced with various scenarios that will put your strategic mind to the test as you will need to fix your ships hyperdrive, Power systems and maybe even battle a few raging fires.
While exploring the unknown surely you will see wondrous sights and ecosystems never before seen by human eyes. Be careful as you never know what may be out there in the dark mysterious nebula, remember to always make sure your lasers are ready and remember to try not to die.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Deep Sixed is now available on Steam for $9.74 – 25% off retail. The game will return to its original price of $12.99 on February 26. Deep Sixed is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux.