As we move a day closer to the celebration of the birthday of the United States, or Independence Day, game developers are putting their own alien spin on the holiday. Witness THQ Nordic and its upcoming game, Destroy All Humans! Hearkening back to the Independence Day film from 1996, the “Dependence Day” trailer showcases…what else? An alien invasion complete with instructions for the invading horde.
The cult-classic returns! Terrorize the people of 1950s Earth in the role of the evil alien Crypto-137. Harvest DNA and bring down the US government in the remake of the legendary alien invasion action-adventure. Annihilate puny humans using an assortment of alien weaponry and psychic abilities. Reduce their cities to rubble with your flying Saucer! One giant step on mankind!
Game features include:
- Experience the evil side of a 50s alien invasion story
- (Re)Discover why this game is considered one of the funniest ever created
- Faithfully rebuilt from scratch in new galactic glory
- Enjoy Crypto’s unique weaponry like the Anal Probe Gun
- Pose as pathetic humans to infiltrate their fragile democracy
- Use psychokinesis to send enemies flying or bombard them with random objects
- Freely traverse explorable cities from 50s America using your jetpack
- Obliterate humanity’s primitive architecture with your flying saucer
- Includes the restored, much-rumored, never before seen: Lost Mission of Area 42!
Destroy All Humans! is due for release on July 28th for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Check out the official site to learn more.