The developers from Codemasters have shared a new portion of details about the upcoming DiRT 5. The latest blog post is dedicated to introducing people to all car classes that will be featured in the game.
Closer to launch we’ll have a full list of every car in DIRT 5, but let’s not wait until then to show you every car class you’ll find in our amplified off-road racer. You ready? Let’s take a walk through an extreme off-road showroom…
- Cross Raid – Cross Raid class combines speed, strength and durability for some truly awesome trucks, including the Volkswagen Race Touareg 3 and the Laffite G-Tec X-Road, making its video game debut!
- Rock Bouncer – Huge wheels, mad suspension, a big rollcage, and that’s about it. Oh, and you’re in the middle of it all.
- Formula Off Road – Ideal for DIRT 5’s Stampede events, the Formula Off Road class is where you go for something capable of traversing just about anything – and fast.
- Rally Cross – A staple of DIRT games, the cars in our rally cross class are designed for all-terrain speed and getting sideways as soon as possible.
- Classic Rally – Roll back the years with iconic machines that popularised the concept of going fast and flat-out on any possible terrain.
- 80s Rally – A golden age of off-road racing, no DIRT game would be complete with some of the most successful off-road cars of the 1980s.
- 90s Rally – Relive a time when off-road truly went mainstream, and recreate rivalries with the Subaru Impreza S4 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI.
- Modern Rally – Take today’s powerful and incredibly engineered off-road racers into a completely new world.
- Rally GT – The Rally GT class brings you these desirable cars kitted out with off-road specs, including the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT-4, and Porsche 911 R-GT.
- Sprint – The DIRT 5 class dedicated to our truly incredible sprint car, sporting wheels of all different sizes, huge wings and 900bhp – perfect to rip up dirt oval tracks and get sideways.
- Pre Runners – Think of the best road-going SUVs and all-purpose vehicles. Now think of them draped on off-road kit and suped up for extreme racing.
- Unlimited – Trucks. Big trucks. Trucks built for the most demanding off-road events in the world. Trucks that’ll give you the confidence to floor it and power over all the rugged terrain DIRT 5 has to offer.
- Super Lites – Low on excess weight, high on action, these rockets have power-to-weight ratios that’ll make your eyes water.
Stuart Boyd, Producer on DIRT 5, explains more:
“Variety is a massive part of our vision for DIRT 5, and we’ve made sure that this is represented in the game’s car classes and car roster. One moment, you’re tackling the most challenging terrain in a huge rock bouncer; the next, you’re blasting through a multi-surface circuit race with rallycross cars heavy on speed and grip; and then you’re carving a path through jungle-like routes with lively buggies and unlimited trucks.
“Of course, alongside those new vehicles and classes, we had to bring in some iconic off-road cars that no DIRT game would be complete without. The style, vibe and features of DIRT 5 mean that you can take those legendary cars and race them in a totally new experience. You may’ve been behind the wheel of some of these beasts before – but not in a game like DIRT 5.
“Combine those car classes with our 10 brand new locations, huge slate of event types, and dynamic extreme weather which completely transforms the handling and gameplay feel. The amount of different experiences to drive in just goes off the scale – we can’t wait for you take it all for a spin!”
DiRT 5 will be coming to PC, current-gen and next-gen consoles for Xbox and PlayStation this Autumn, and to Google Stadia in early 2021.