Gamer social network Discord announced that it reached a huge milestone of 250 Million users just in time for its fourth anniversary. Last May Discord had “only” 130 million across its web and mobile platform, and now it can rival the number of players in Fortnite!
Since its founding in 2015, Discord’s appeal has always been in its small, living room-like atmosphere, where groups of friends can join together to talk games. As Discord has grown, it’s gone mainstream, providing everyone a way to chat about all passion points including sports, tabletop games, music, pets, and news. There’s a community for everyone on Discord.
- Discord has 250M+ registered users across its web and mobile platform.
- Over 56M people use Discord every month.
- On average, 850M messages are sent per day.
- 25B messages are sent per month across Discord
- The top 7 most popular verified servers include:
- PUBG Mobile
- Clash Royale
- Rainbow 6
- Discord now has over 165 employees (up over 50% in one year)!