Publisher Bethesda Softworks and the developers from id Software have brought your personal pocket hell: Doom Eternal is now available on Nintendo Switch. Experience the ultimate combination of speed and power: armed with a shoulder-mounted flamethrower, wrist-mounted blade, upgraded guns, new abilities and more, you’re the greatest demon slayer in existence.
Players have the option to enhance their aim with Motion Aiming, a control option that utilizes gyro controls. The option can be used in conjunction with the control stick for the perfect blend of immersion and accuracy.
We’re excited to bring DOOM Eternal to Nintendo Switch players today! Huge shoutout to our partners at @PanicButtonGame for another amazing collaboration. Thanks to all our fans for the patience and support! pic.twitter.com/wL2HLciFOe
— id Software (@idSoftware) December 8, 2020
If you have questions about the Switch release, Bethesda has created a handy FAQ & Known Issues post on the official site.
- When: December 8, 2020 at midnight 00:00am ET
- Where: Nintendo Switch eShop, or via direct digital codes from select retailers
- How big is the game: DOOM Eternal on Nintendo Switch is 17.5 GB (according to Nintendo eShop)
- Multiplayer: Yes. BATTLE MODE is a 2 versus 1 multiplayer experience that pits a fully-armed DOOM Slayer against two player-controlled demons, fighting it out in a best-of-five round match of intense first-person combat
- DLC: At a later date
- Languages: English/French/Italian/German/Spanish (Spain)/Spanish (Mexico)/Brazilian-Portuguese/Russian/Japanese – Text and Speech. Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese/Korean – Text only.