Publisher Bethesda Softworks and the developers from id Software have announced that critically acclaimed shooter Doom Eternal will be launching digitally on the Nintendo Switch platform on December 8. Experience the ultimate combination of speed and power: armed with a shoulder-mounted flamethrower, wrist-mounted blade, upgraded guns, new abilities and more, you’re the greatest demon slayer in existence.
Destroy every demon that stands in your way with a massive arsenal of weapons, gear and abilities. Improve your aim with a control option that allows you to aim using gyro controls. The option can be used in conjunction with the control stick for the perfect blend of immersion and accuracy. DOOM Eternal lets Nintendo Switch owners step into the boots of the legendary DOOM Slayer and conquer Hell’s armies in an epic battle to save humanity from extinction. The only thing they fear… is you.
If you have questions about the Switch release, Bethesda has created a handy FAQ & Known Issues post on the official site.
- When: December 8, 2020 at midnight 00:00am ET
- Where: Nintendo Switch eShop, or via direct digital codes from select retailers
- How big is the game: DOOM Eternal on Nintendo Switch is 18.8gb (TBD)
- Multiplayer: Yes. BATTLEMODE is a 2 versus 1 multiplayer experience that pits a fully-armed DOOM Slayer against two player-controlled demons, fighting it out in a best-of-five round match of intense first-person combat
- DLC: At a later date
- Languages: English/French/Italian/German/Spanish (Spain)/Spanish (Mexico)/Brazilian-Portuguese/Russian/Japanese – Text and Speech. Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese/Korean – Text only.