Developer id Software released a new major update for FPS Doom Eternal cited as being the biggest update to the shooter yet, including two new Master Levels, improvements to Battlemode and more. One of the biggest additions to the game is the new Horde Mode. As comes from its name, players will need to take on wave after wave of demons across three missions.
Check out the official patch notes to see the entirety of the new content coming to the game!
“You’ll need to keep your wits about you and your skill sharp. Like a classic arcade game, there aren’t any checkpoints, you start with just 3 extra lives – but there are more to earn as you progress. You begin with only a fully mastered Combat Shotgun, unlocking a new weapon at random as you complete each Arena Round. Earn new Milestones and unlock loads of cool new customization items as you progress!”
Each Horde Mode Mission consists of the following Rounds:
- Arena Round – Arena combat encounter with waves and waves of demons
- Blitz Round – Kill as many demons as you can before time runs out
- Bonus Coin Round (optional) – Collect as many coins as you can before time runs out
- Traversal Round – Navigate a traversal puzzle and collect as many coins as you can before time runs out
- Bonus Blitz Round (optional) – A Blitz round but with Super Heavy demons and Onslaught (damage multiplier) power-ups!
There are many amazing earnable rewards in Horde Mode, including the following goodies demonstrated on screenshots: