Red Thread Games has unveiled the story trailer for psychological mystery Draugen. Draugen is a first-person Fjord Noir mystery set in 1920s Norway, from the creators of Dreamfall Chapters. Explore a picturesque coastal community in your search for your missing sister, accompanied by your enigmatic young ward.
The game is coming to Windows PC via Steam and GOG in May 2019. Visit the game’s pages to find out more, including the minimum and recommended system requirements. The consoles release will be at a later date.
The year is 1923. You play Edward Charles Harden, an American traveller who’s come to Norway to find his missing sister. But you’re not alone: at every step of the way, Edward’s accompanied by his ward, Lissie; a gregarious, independent and enigmatic young woman. Together, you must explore this scenic coastal community — nestled amongst the fjords and mountains of rural Norway — in your search for Edward’s sister, and unearth the darkness that lies beneath the picturesque surface.
- “I am not alone”: explore 1920s coastal Norway accompanied by a living, breathing, independent companion
- Interact with your companion, Lissie, through a realistic and dynamic dialogue system
- Experience a thrilling tale through the eyes of an increasingly unreliable narrator
- Find your own path through a scenic setting that changes with the weather and Edward’s mental state
- “A story about what lies beneath”: piece together a gripping narrative with unexpected twists and turns