Crytivo and Blue Meridian have announced Prehistoric Kingdom, a game that is sure to set dinosaur-loving hearts pounding around the world. The team made the announcement via a new trailer that announces the start of early access in Q2 2021. The video is narrated by Nigel Marven, a zoologist known for the 2002 Chased by Dinosaurs documentary and other nature shows.
The game allows players to design their own dinosaur theme park and bring to life a world of extinct creatures. They will create and manage their guests’ experiences and are charged with the health and well-being of the animals in the park. To do so, a number of customization options will be included to allow players to create their own aesthetic look.
Early access features include:
- 22 Animals in the early access launch including Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Lambeosaurus, Styracosaurus, Mammuthus, Smilodon, and Coelodonta. With more after release.
- Variety of biomes including: grassland, tropical, wetland, coastal, boreal, with more planned after release.
- Terraforming tools, “substrate” and “foliage brushes” to transform the landscape.
- Modular and pre-built buildings to create the park of the player’s dreams.
- Genetics Lab to customize the color and gender of animals.
- Resource Management of animal health alongside visitor happiness and zoo budget.
- Customizable power sources and food supplies that have benefits and downsides that need to be balanced.