Epic Games Store published the October Feature Update, introducing new storefront & optimization, checkout overlay, Thai language support and revealed the development in progress.
- New Storefront – the first iteration of the new storefront experience is live! You can see what games are trending, filter by genre, and more – find games you love faster and easier than before. Please try it out and let us know what you think.
- Checkout Overlay – The new checkout overlay allows games to use the payment platform from within the game.
- Storefront Optimization – the free game releases have driven a lot of traffic to the site and in the past, it hasn’t always handled that well. The team made those high traffic times smoother by improving the infrastructure and site call patterns.
Development in Progress:
- Wishlist – the team is working to bring wishlisting to the store. You’ll be able to wishlist any offer on the store and you’ll be notified of sales or promotions for that offer.
- Updated Library Grid View – the team will be updating the visuals for the grid view to better align with the new presentation of games on the storefront.
- Critic Reviews – Epic Games Store will be working with OpenCritic to bring critic reviews to the game detail pages.