This week saw a new patch from the highly popular Escape from Tarkov devs at Battle State Games. On May 11, BSG posted a tweet presenting their new Anti-RMT features. The tweet is below.
— Escape from Tarkov (@tarkov) May 11, 2022
Additionally, Appledabbaro posted the guidelines and changes made for the new system. All of these guidelines have to do with items that are not found in raid. There are a few different instances of how it works so let’s go through it!
Some items that don’t have the fir status will be destroyed if:
- Player tries to discard it from their inventory and ignores the warning
- Player places it in their backpack, pockets, or chest rig, and gets killed by another player or tries to drop any container/backpack/chest rig containing this limited item
- If a player dies, the limited items in their secure container will not be destroyed
This change will be applied to the following items:
- All barter items (with some permissions below)
- Keys and Keycards
- Specific armbands
- Info items
- Specific melee weapons (UVSR Taiga-1 survival machete, Red Rebel ice pick, Miller Bros. Blades M-2 Tactical Sword, Kiba Arms Tactical Tomahawk)
Items that can be discarded in a limited quantity:
- Rubles — 20 000
- Golden neck chain — 3 pcs
- Gunpowder “Kite” — 3 pcs
- Toolset — 2 pcs
- Roler Submariner gold wrist watch — 1 pc
- Paracord — 1 pc
- Silicone tube — 1 pc
- Injectors — 1 pc each type
This feels like it will hurt people that want to play the game together. I get that it will probably help with stopping the RMT, but for how long?