Paradox Interactive revealed that the newest expansion to grand strategy Europa Universalis IV is coming on June 9th. Called Emperor, it focuses on improving the game experience for European nations and opens up three central game systems, offering new gameplay opportunities for the Papacy, the Holy Roman Empire and Revolutionary movements, as well as a host of other changes. Additionally, the developers have released the story trailer that you can find above.
You can already pre-purchase the DLC via Steam.
Features in Europa Universalis IV: Emperor include:
- A Powerful Pope: Appoint cardinals, publish Papal Bulls and gather tithes. The Vatican and Papal Controller now have new abilities to sway the souls of Christendom.
- New Holy Roman Empire Systems: Imperial Incidents provide new challenges to the [I]Emperor[/I]’s power and authority. Will your empire follow a course to a centralized monarchy or decentralized federation?
- Revolutions Revamped: The spirit of Revolution is a contagion that must be either embraced or vigorously opposed. Use the zeal of revolutionary guard units to fight reactionaries at home and abroad.
- The Hussite Faith: Bohemia has an early game chance to embrace heresy and stand alone against the Pope until The Reformation.
- Hegemonies: Seize the mantle of global leadership if you accumulate great wealth and armies, but be prepared to face great opposition from those who question your right to rule.
- New Missions: Over 20 new unique mission trees for a variety of European nations
- Defender of Faith: With great responsibility comes great power. Defending a major religion should be different from defending an insignificant one. Now it is!
- The Council of Trent and Counter-Reformation: Join other Catholic rulers to slow down the spread of the Reformation by making concessions to the unruly mob or harshly imposing the will of God.
- Provoke Rebellions: Risk a larger rebellion now while you think you can manage it instead of waiting for discontent to take its course