Paradox Interactive announced a new immersion pack for grand strategy Europa Universalis IV. Titled Origins, it allows players to Rewrite the dynamic history of some of Africa’s greatest kingdoms when it arrives on November 11th.
“The gold of Zimbabwe. The ivory of Central Africa. The great city of Timbuktu. The temples of Ethiopia. Africa is the birthplace of humanity and a land of untold wealth and variety.”
In Europa Universalis IV: Origins, new African missions add greater variety and new goals for some of Africa’s most powerful and interesting nations. The fading giant of Mali, the holy hills of Ethiopia and the African trade centers of the Indian Ocean are given new depth and richer context. New mission trees trace the ambitions of rulers and nations across the continent that gave birth to humanity, and the Jewish faith is given more depth.
Europa Universalis IV: Origins features:
- Jewish Religion: The Ethiopian Jews of Beta Israel are included, and Jewish nations can choose from nine religious characteristics to accentuate their national strengths.
- Missions for Mali: Halt the decline of West Africa’s greatest medieval empire and reassert control of former vassals.
- Missions for Kongo: Unite the peoples of the Congo River and confront the growing European threat.
- Missions for Songhai: Develop your provinces and claim the mantles of Mali and Timbuktu as the new rising power.
- Missions for Ethiopia: Ensure religious unity and prestige in the Kingdom of Solomon while unifying the nations of the African Horn. Also adds the noble Ç̌äwa regiments.
- Missions for Mutapa: Build on the legacy of the founders of Great Zimbabwe and exploit the riches of South Africa to dominate trade.
- Missions for Kilwa: Conquer your neighbors and expand your trade empire through colonization.
- Missions for Ajuuraan: Control Indian Ocean trade and bring water to your desert provinces.
- New Regional Mission Trees: New Missions for minor powers in Central, East and West Africa, as well as the African Horn.
- New Army Sprites: 4 new army sprites each for Congo, Great Lakes, Southern Africa and Bantu nations.
- Two New Missionary models: African Coptic and African Fetishist missionary animations added.
- New Music: 12 minutes of new West African themed music, and 12 minutes of new East African themed music.