Following the release of update 20 for survival game Fallout 76, the developers from Bethesda have shared their plans for the next few months. Here’s a rundown of what arrived in Update 20, and what’s on the way to Fallout 76 with future updates:
- The Legendary Run (Available Now!) — We kicked off our first Season, called “The Legendary Run,” with Update 20 a few days ago. Hop in-game now to complete Daily and Weekly Challenges, earn S.C.O.R.E., and claim tons of rewards—including plenty of stellar new cosmetic items—for free over the next 10 weeks.
- Public Teams (Available Now!) — Update 20 brought major improvements to grouping up in Fallout 76 with the addition of Public Teams. Create your Public Team, choose a Team Goal, and get a themed in-game buff as you and your teammates play together.
- A Colossal Problem (Future Update) — Grab a Nuclear Keycard, light up the sky above Monongah Mine, and head deep below Appalachia’s surface to take on a treacherous legendary Wendigo Colossus! Join up to eight other Dwellers in this new Public Event that’s currently planned for our next patch.
- Legendary Perks (Future Update) — After reaching level 50, you’ll gain access to Legendary Perk Cards that you can equip and upgrade over time to become even more powerful and add a few new tricks up your sleeves.
- Community Challenges (Future Update) — The Brotherhood of Steel has an eye on Appalachia! We’ve got new community challenges that you and your fellow adventurers can take part in to herald their return and claim some new rewards.
Fallout 76 is coming to Xbox Game Pass on Thursday, July 9. If you already play Fallout 76 on PC and decide to make the jump to Game Pass for PC, all of the progress you’ve made will still be waiting for you as soon as you log into the game. Your friends list will also stay the same because all PC players will play together regardless of the launcher they use.
Please note that, due to technical limitations, you will not be able to transfer your Atom balance or your Fallout 1st membership from your Bethesda.net or Steam version of the game to the Windows 10 Store version. Atoms you earn in-game are also specific to one platform or the other. However, any items you have purchased through the Atomic Shop, or that you’ve claimed through Season progress, will still be available to you on any PC platform.
Update 21 is coming to Public Test Server (PTS) next week.